The Work & Travel Dream Visa

  • Home
  • The Work & Travel Dream Visa
The Work & Travel Dream Visa

The Work & Travel Dream Visa

Almost every young adult’s dream is to make money on the road. It is an opportunity mostly reserved for those in high ranked positions in specific companies or those who can provide services online. The International Experience Canada (IEC) Working Holiday Visa is the perfect work & travel dream visa for anyone who wants to explore new places without drilling a hole through their pockets.

The IEC Working Holiday Visa is one of Canada’s most popular work visas. This visa is available to over 30 countries and allows you to travel to Canada for 12 -24 months (depending on your country of citizenship) and work on the go without obtaining a job offer prior to your arrival. You will be authorized to work for most Canadian employers and businesses, explore academic opportunities, make social connections and work connections that may open doors to future careers in Canada.

Who is eligible for Canada’s Working Holiday Visa?

Unlike more complicated work visas, the eligibility criteria is relatively simple and to the point:

  1. You must be a citizen of one of the countries participating in this program

  2. You must be 18 to 30 years old (or 35 for some nationalities)

  3. You must have a valid passport for your entire stay in Canada

  4. You must meet health requirements

  5. You can’t have any dependents

Click Here for a list of eligible countries for Canada’s Working Holiday Visa.

It’s important to note that each country also has its own requirements; some countries may allow you to participate in this program only once, while other countries may allow you to join this program twice – but in different pools. Since every country is different, it’s important to check your eligibility to apply for the Working Holiday Visa.

If you can’t find your country on the list – you have an alternative! There is another option to apply for Canada’s Working Holiday Visa; contact a Canada Recognized Organization (RO) under International Experience Canada. The RO can give you information about Canadian culture, languages, laws and taxes, job finding and transportation. They will also provide you with guidance and professional advice.

Are you interested in taking your work on the road for a year or two? Not sure how to get started?

Contact our immigration team at the Great North Visa, where we specialize with every type of Canada visa application. We will be happy to assist you with your application for Canada’s Working Holiday Visa, as well as answer any questions you may have.

Click below to get in touch with us!